I’m living in London for the year and I will be leaving in May. THE ONE THING I wanted to do was go to Highclere Castle. Guess what’s completely sold out for the entire time I’m here. Disappointment doesn’t even describe this.
I went there without a ticket. They always have a contingent for daily visitors. I went there in August. Be there around midday and not at a weekend. We had no trouble at all getting in and there were several others who got in, too!
Sorry, but why is there not just one little picture of Tom from the CS??!!! So many pictures and he is in none of them! Not even in the background!
But better no picture than one with Sarah Bunting. At least I’m spared that…
Just to make clear:
- I will not discuss Sybil’s death (and Jess departure), it happened and there is nothing I can do about it.
- Tom and Sybil were and are my OTP, that is out of question, after Ron and Hermione, they are the most amazing OTP in Galaxy but i’m a tolerant person
- I don’t have anything against Daisy Lewis, i find her very pretty and nice, and i find very childish to bash the actress because her character
- This is to debate, not to fight. It’s my personal opinion, i don’t have nothing better to do today, so feel free to agree or disagree, my ask box is open
I agree. I don’t think she is meant to be endgame.
- They brought her in so late. Why? Julian Fellows said in an interview that you can’t bring in a character and expect people to root for it after two episodes. So why not bring in Sarah at the beginning of season 4 if he wanted us to root for her and Tom?
- She is rude and abrasive, making assumptions about him and his family without even knowing him or his history. She is not charming and the atmosphere between Tom and her is not romantically charged. It’s uncomfortable. It is either a fault of the actress or it is intended. Since the casting in this show has always been flawless, I doubt the fist and think the latter.
- Tom seems not interested. In their first meeting he avoided her questions and ended their talk at the first opportunity to leave. At their second meeting she asked “won’t you defend your principles?” and he simply said “no” and turned around to leave. It was Isobel who prolonged the conversation.In the car scene he made his point “I don’t believe in types, I believe in people” and immediately said “now give it a try”. Again not trying to prolong their conversation. He doesn’t ask questions back, he also is reluctant to answer her (way too personal) questions. Finally at the bazar he again makes his point “another beast of burden” and leaves her standing there without looking back.
- As you wrote: They’re styling Daisy Lewis down. The dresses are extremely unflattering and the hat she wore at the bazar was really a joke of a hat! Maybe that’s because she’s supposed to be middleclass, but I can’t believe it. As you said, she is competing with Sybil who was incredibly gorgeous. And all the other upstairs women are so gorgeous, too. They’re all tall and slim and refined and Sarah will look like a midget between them with those dresses that make her look square, which she certainly isn’t in real life. I can’t believe they would do that.
- After the long “will Tom fit in” storyline of the second half of the third season and now the whole 4th season, I can’t believe they will now do a repetition with Sarah and spend season 5 with the question “will Sarah fit in”. Who would care about that?
- Allen’s comments in the recent interviews. When an interviewer said “marry the teacher” he said “oh really?” in a tone that was so telling that the interviewer immediately said “or not.” And he made a “hm” which sounded like “I don’t think so”. Of course this is just an interpretation, but after hearing it, I’m convinced it is not going to happen.